by Peter Walker and Pieter Thomassen, with Robert Morgenstern
Main Attack Robot MAR-12 Cougar
WARNING: DRAFT Material!
| Total Height: ||m
| Total Depth: ||m
| Total Breadth: ||m
| Weight: || metric tons (dry)
- One/two man Main Attack Destroid.
III. Service History:
- Served with the REF Army and Marines from 2029.
- Powerplant: 2 x RRL-2P Miniaturized Protoculture-cell
- Fuel Capacity:
- 16 Standard Canisters of Protoculture
- 9.8 lit. D2O reactant for fusion engines.
- Max running speed : kph.
- Max hover altitude : meter for 1.5 minutes.
- Max jumping distance : meter.
- Combat radius (space) : total delta-v X kps.
- Protoculture supply : 250 hours operational use.
- Hughes TPG-111 X-band pulse-doppler, providing medium-range detection and tracking of targets at all altitudes.
- Phillips AllView multi-band digital camera system, for medium range all attitude infra-red imaging, optical and ultra-violet band detection and tracking
- Thomson LT-5 multi-frequency laser ranger and designator.
Tactical Electronic Warfare System (TEWS):
- Elettronica Radar Warning Receiver (RWR)
- OlDelft Infra-red Warning Receiver (IRWR)
- Westinghouse ALQ-250(V) active sensor jammer
- Chaff dispenser
- 2 x Triple Ion Cannon mounted in each forearm.
- 1 x MM-8, 8 variable warhead, long range missiles. This launcher usually carries RMS-3 "Archangel of Death" nuclear missiles or CBM-200 anti-mecha cluster missiles. The launcher is located in the right chest/shoulder area.
- 2 x MM-6, 12 variable warhead, short range (8.2 km) Mach 3.0 combined infra-red imager and active radar homing 190mm x 540mm Hammerhead missiles. Six are located in each shoulder.
- 4 x MM-4, 4 variable warhead, short range (8.2 km) Mach 3.0 combined infra-red imager and active radar homing 190mm x 540mm Hammerhead missiles. Eight missiles are located in each lower leg.
The armor on the Cougar is a new development in low-mass composite-materials
Chobham plating that became the standard for all Terran mecha after its
application to the VQ-6A Vandal. Aside from the respectable protection provided against projectiles, missiles, and other kinetic weapons, this armor is also resistant to plasma globes (annihilation discs), lasers, and to a lesser extent, particle guns, owing to the fact that the armor can flake off and evaporate in layers under fire from such high-energy weapons, taking much of the weapon's energy and converting it into the latent heat of sublimation in the armor. The armor stops all small arms, heavy infantry weapons fire, and light mecha-mounted weaponry, and provides fair to good resistance to medium mecha-mounted weaponry, such as the Valkyrie's 55mm APFSDS round.
The Cougar provides full protection from nuclear, biological, and chemical
hazards, using an overpressure cockpit environment activated by radiation and
hazardous chemical sensors, or manually when biological warfare conditions
are anticipated. The internal consumables supplies can provide atmosphere
for three days maximum.
See additional design notes.
Return to REF Index
Return to Robotech Reference Guide Home Page.
Robotech (R) is the property of Harmony Gold. This document is in no
way intended to infringe upon their rights.
Content by Peter Walker and Pieter Thomassen, with Rob Morgenstern
HTML by Robert Morgenstern (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright © 1999 Robert Morgenstern, Pieter Thomassen, Peter Walker